Friday, April 22, 2011

An so it begins... Not with a Bang but with a Pod!

It all starts with the place where science, art and entertainment will all mix together to brew the perfect astronomical potion!   Today I finished putting together my Skyshed Pod where a .3 meter Meade LX200 ACF and an a Meade 80mm APO will be housed in for my future astronomical observations.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, this is all because I love astronomy.  Hopefully this is the beginning of a set of new astronomical adventures.   So you may ask, what do I plan to observe first?   Well, there is a long list of Messier objects in queue.   But that would be mostly for fun and to let me dive into the art of astrophotography.   Then there are some scientific goals in mind, like looking at transiting exoplanets.  I have a few ideas for future viewing but that will be a topic of a different blog.

For now I just want to say that, putting together the perfect observatory has been a journey of at least 4 months, of research of what to buy, what to do, how to build a deck, how to run electricity outdoors, building permits stories and best of all getting all the family invested in the project.  This could not have been done without the support of my lovely wife who put aside her hobbies and "free time" to help me put together the new house of my telescopes.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment